Sunday, September 16, 2012

So, I wasn't creative with paper today, but I did do some baking which I have not done for a LONG time! I tried a new recipe for Apple Pie Bars from the Kraft Website. They turned out very well and I only made half the recipe which was the perfect amount. 
My Dad came over for dinner and to watch the football game and after he left, we watched a movie. Now it is more football and I have some work to do for school. 
I also have decided I have to let things go. Reading the responses from the Big Idea Festival from Big Picture Classes from a number of the contributors, the over all idea I'm getting is to be real, enjoy the good stuff and don't sweat the little stuff. This is difficult for me. For one thing a family member is driving me crazy and I think it is just that I have endured it for so long, and I'm getting older, that I'm just tired of dealing with it! Then there is another situation, which I won't go into, regarding a member on a board I'm on that bothers me, but I shouldn't let it.
I think my problem is I always want things to be fair. And obviously life is usually not fair. So when people take advantage of other people it bothers me.  And I guess if it doesn't bother the person being taken advantage of, then it shouldn't bother me.  I think I need to develop a list of mantras to help guide my life.

Mantra #1 Let it go! 
Mantra #2 Always be fair to others, even though others may take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment