Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Too Long!

Wow! It has been SOOOOOO long since I posted anything on this blog--it is embarassing.  In fact, there is a new set up for posting and it threw me a little!
Anyway, I have decided to embark on a new journey--ART 30.  What is that? Well, I am doing The Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Studios that started last Tuesday.  I have to say it hasn't been exactly what I thought it was going to be, but Sunday May Flaum (www.mayflaum.com) posted her big idea about "Happy Crafting"  It got me thinking about all the excuses I use for not being creative and I decided that needs to stop! SO I decided that I am going to try and spend 30 minutes (at least) EVERYDAY doing something creative (surfing the net for ideas DOES NOT COUNT anymore! LOL).  So last night it was getting late, but I have a card swap to do for the Nook for September and it is all about Washi tape. I headed downstairs and started playing around a little and managed to make two types of flowers using the Washi tape. Whether or not I actually use them on the card, doesn't matter--it is the creating time that is important. So I have done something for 2 days in a row now that is creative! Whoo hoo! 
My other idea is to create a little box of supplies that I can bring upstairs quick and work on stuff-for example Christmas Cards! If I have all that I need then I can just work on them when I have some time--when Jenn is doing homework, or while I'm cooking dinner and stuff.  So the message here is NO MORE EXCUSES!!! We'll see! Wish me luck on my ART 30 endeavour! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment